What's offered onboard P&O Cruises' ships for families?
Making sure a holiday is suitable for our little ones is of top priority. Happy children mean happy parents, grandparents or guardians. If you've never cruised before it may seem a little daunting to think of a cruise as your family holiday, but rest assured a cruise holiday is ideal for families, with so much for kids to do (and the grown-ups too!), from splashing in the pool to running riot in the kid's clubs. We'd highly recommend P&O Cruises for families, and their child fares are so much more affordable than some other cruise lines.
Children can play to their hearts content in The Reef, P&O Cruises exciting complimentary onboard programme; splash around in the family pools; let off steam in the sports arena, tuck into pizza and jelly at the dedicated children’s tea; and join family-friendly shore excursions featuring treasure hunts, water parks, beaches and adventure trips.
Six reasons why families love P&O Cruises:
- Rooms for families. P&O's cabins are well equipped for the needs of the whole family. Many have additional beds. For example, in the majority of twin cabins, beds fold down from the ceiling or out from the wall. In other cabins, mini-suites and suites, the extra beds are sofa beds. If a family or three or four adults book as a party and share one of these rooms, then you can save money on the prices quoted on this website for only two sharing. Please note that children cannot stay in a cabin without an adult to look after them.
- Carefree nights. The Night Nursery is available free of charge on all family friendly ships for children aged between 6 months and 4 years of age. It is open from 6pm to 2am nightly. Parents are contacted via a pager, should their infant wake.
- Laid-back days ashore. P&O have a whole range of tours designed especially for families, meaning your time ashore will be as stress-free as the rest of your holiday. With arranged transport, entrance fees and English speaking guides, all you need do is turn up and enjoy your time together. Families are also encouraged to participate in any family events taking place - discos, magic shows etc.
- Stress-free meals. Children are welcome to dine in any of the dining areas on-board, including in the Select Dining Restaurants. Normally children join their parents for breakfast and lunch but since you might occasionally want to dine on your own, on the family-friendly ships, they lay on a special children’s tea every night featuring all the food that children will enjoy: sausages, fish fingers and pizza to name just a few. In addition, there are many healthy options, such as salads, soups, fruit, vegetables and pasta. A child's menu is also available in the main dining rooms.
- Free holiday clubs for 2-17-year-olds. By spending a few hours in one of the age-specific clubs your offspring will find it easy to get to know others and soon they will have some new holiday friends.
- Time out for the adults. You needn’t worry about keeping the little ones entertained while you take some time out for yourself. From toddlers to teens, we’ll keep them busy all day and evening long. The Reef offers four children’s clubs with a wide range of age-specific entertainment and is staffed by our enthusiastic crew of DBS checked Reef Rangers.
Free dedicated holiday clubs for 2-17-year-olds
- Splashers (2-4) - Splashers is our club exclusively for guests aged between 2 and 4. There are slides and toys, books and activities... your little ones will be spoilt for choice! Each ship will be slightly different, but you'll still find enthusiastic and qualified Reef Rangers in each club, with programmes and activities suited to the Splashers age group.
- Surfers (5-8) - For guests between the ages of 5 and 8, we have Surfers. Your little Surfer will be able to play computer games, watch movies, run around our soft play area, create a puppet show... there is so much to do! Each ship will be slightly different, but you'll still find enthusiastic and qualified Reef Rangers in each club, with programmes and activities suited to the Surfers age group.
- Scubas (9-12) - 9 to 12 year-old guests can enjoy their own dedicated area on the ship with the club called Scubas. Scubas on board Britannia has a cool arcade feel. Guests visiting Scubas will be able to play air hockey, computer games, pool, or just chill out with their new friends, among the wide choice of things to do on offer. Each ship will be slightly different, but you'll still find enthusiastic and qualified Reef Rangers in each club, with programmes and activities suited to the Scubas age group.
- H20 (13-17) - H2O is where teenagers (13 to 17 year olds) can hang out and make friends. Onboard Britannia, H2O has a cool, chilled-out vibe with a pool table, computer consoles and even a retro arcade! There are plenty of beanbags and sofas for guests at H2O to just to chill out and chat too. Each ship will be slightly different, but you'll still find enthusiastic and qualified Reef Rangers in each club, with programmes and activities suited to the H2O age group.